Sunday, September 21, 2008

Zune 3.0 Software Released! Makes Zune as it was meant to be!

Yes I had to enable the Windows Firewall on my Vista to get the brand new Microsoft Zune 3.0 software to install, but it was worth the effort!

Zune 3.0 software and also the new 3.0 Zune firmware make the Zune player a player God intended it to be ;)

The new features that immediately stick out are:

* There are games on your Zune!
* You can use your Zune as a Hot-Spot Finder, a feature we've been waiting for. Just go to Wireless/Networks.
* You can now access Zune Marketplace on any wireless hotspot, search for music and wirelessly download snippets of songs you like. You can search by artist or song title.
* You can mark a song playing on a radio station for later purchase on Zune Marketplace.
* Zune now has a clock!
* Wireless sync with the pc works glitch free, at the first attempt, there are Zune channels, and Zune cards (what's that?)
* Did I mention you can use Zune as a Hot-Spot Finder?

I'm very excited about these new features.

Any Comments? Anything I missed? Let me know in your comments below!
This makes Zune light years ahead of competition (iPod fans, any comments?)

Matt

P.S.: So why did I need to enable Vista Firewall to be able to install Zune software? Beats me!

No comments: